Weel 16


Hello friends, well I am almost all the way to week 16. Officially, the count is 15 weeks and 5 days (but who’s counting). Second trimester ROCKS!!! I have so much more energy, I don’t feel like I’m living a lie and I’m embracing wearing comfy clothes. I still can’t make maternity clothes work but I’ve just decided that it’s fine to wear the exact same 3 or 4 things over and over until they do. I’ve warned co-workers and friends to go ahead and get used to my exactly 2 dresses and 2 pairs of pants that fit. I must say, people have been quite kind.

I’m pretty much back into a regular routine now that I can keep my eyes open for more than 8 or so hours a day. I’ve even been making it to the gym in the mornings again. Word on the street is that I better enjoy it while it lasts because apparently during T3 the exhaustion will be back with a vengeance.

So here’s my pregnancy tip for the week – don’t be afraid to show a little skin while pregnant. Now ladies, I’m not talking about va-va-voom or risqué here, but seriously, why not? Especially during that time where no one can really tell that you’re pregnant (at least not until 5 seconds or so after you meet since you likely will have told them by then) and you just sort of look like you’re growing a spare tire, why not show off those shoulders or legs a little? By all means, let’s take the attention off the tree trunk middle! You are beautiful, so put on a little spray tan and grab a cute tank top or an adorable skirt (just be sure it’s stretchy).

Please share your pregnancy tips and advice here. Goodness knows we’ve all read enough about drinking 10 glasses of water and eating plenty of fiber! Let’s get to the good stuff! What are your thoughts, insights and secret tips? Please share for the good of swollen, broken out, pregnant women everywhere. We need all the help we can get!

About Us

www.LaBump.com was created by 3 sisters with the help of our mother, better known as “Amma” to all of our little ones. We believe that every woman should have access to fabulous maternity clothing and beautiful, gently used children’s clothing and gear. We spent years sending the same old box o’ maternity clothes back and forth to each other in an effort to share cute maternity wear among sisters. Finally, we concluded that there must be more women out there like us, looking for maternity clothing and gently used toys and items for their little ones. We started this site as a way to expand our own network and hopefully help other mommies do the same. As every smart mommy knows, one of the ultimate forms of recycling is recirculating gently used items for children and mothers. We have put a new spin on typical hand me down clothing by creating a network of women in your city who can buy sell and trade maternity clothing and accessories and gently used clothing, toys, and gear for our little ones.