18 Weeks!

That’s right, I am at 18 weeks today! It’s true, I’m no good at math and if you’ve been keeping track, I did skip a week here. But at my last doctor’s appointment, my fabulous doctor confirmed what I’ve known all along - I am actually a week ahead of his projected due date. Oh, the joy of affirmation!

And, we found out we’re having a GIRL!!!! Well, at least we are pretty sure it’s a girl. The doctor couldn’t give us an absolute answer but it seemed pretty clear. We’ll know for sure in two weeks after the sonogram.

In the meantime, my husband and I have shifted into girl-prep mode! My poor husband is only slightly terrified at the thought of a baby girl. He grew up in a very blue house. Luckily a good friend suggested a book called “Be Prepared.” Think of it as a MacGyver-esque guide for new dads. It looks FABULOUS and it’s already on the way to us from our friends at Amazon. I promise I’m not in the business of plugging anything BUT all of you first-time parents out there should check this book out. The website has a lot of very funny (and seemingly practical) advice: http://www.beprepared.net/ Plus, I think it makes my husband feel quite manly about the whole daddy thing. There are lots of pictures of dads looking like lumberjacks and several references to scouting and tools and the like. What ever it takes! I know you ladies are with me on that one.

Please keep sharing your tips and thoughts. We love to hear from you!

Until next time,

Beth from LaBump (that’s )

About Us

www.LaBump.com was created by 3 sisters with the help of our mother, better known as “Amma” to all of our little ones. We believe that every woman should have access to fabulous maternity clothing and beautiful, gently used children’s clothing and gear. We spent years sending the same old box o’ maternity clothes back and forth to each other in an effort to share cute maternity wear among sisters. Finally, we concluded that there must be more women out there like us, looking for maternity clothing and gently used toys and items for their little ones. We started this site as a way to expand our own network and hopefully help other mommies do the same. As every smart mommy knows, one of the ultimate forms of recycling is recirculating gently used items for children and mothers. We have put a new spin on typical hand me down clothing by creating a network of women in your city who can buy sell and trade maternity clothing and accessories and gently used clothing, toys, and gear for our little ones.