Rasins, Jink-a wata, and a Purp!



My little lady is learning how to read. How cute! In turn, she is also learning how to spell (and not spell) and wants to spell everything she sees, hears and talks about. This includes everything that I talk about as well spelling out what all of the neighbors are working on. My least favorite part about the spelling is the stringing along of an endless group of letters and then wondering what she has spelled. Mommy, it has to say something, just READ IT to me!! Yesterday I finally convinced her it was more fun to sound out a word and try to make an actual word than to just hope for a magical one hidden in all of the carefully scribed letters. So, she picked Jink-a. Mommy LOOK! I spelled J-I-N-K-A! You know, I wanta a jinka wata!

Shortly after the correction of drink starts with “d” (sound it out honey . . . dhh rrr iiinn kkk – oh I know you’ve all been there) there came the question of the raisin. “Mommy, sometimes I get hungry at school – can’t I just take one little raisin in my sock?” Gross. My husband suggested a hotdog or maybe a banana in her sock instead and I think she got the picture. So she went off to school and had a wonderful day and learned how to spell the color brown (to the tune of row, row, row your boat).

My dad is here keeping Julia this week (yaaaay Papa!) and was there yesterday to meet Emily at the bus stop. We did the daily after-school mad-dash that we all know and love including dinner, clean-up, quick trip to Target, Sheridan’s (for a free hot fudge sundae) bath-time, stories, crying about bedtime and rocking the baby to sleep for the hundredth time in the same day. It’s a much nicer dash when you have an extra grown-up to help out! We finally got everyone to sleep, I snuck to CVS for some free couponing, (go www.moneysavingmom.com) and Joe finally made it home from work. Whew, another day is done!

At about 2:30 this morning, I hear one of the many nightly calls from my two lovely ladies – this time it’s Emily. “Mooommmmm-eee!” I stumble to her room and she tells me she needs a “jink-a wata and a purp.” Poor kid, I forgot to give her the little purple Benadryl that helps her sleep cough-free through the night. So she gets her purp, gulps down the glass of water and out she goes until morning when we do it all again! I love being a mommy!

About Us

www.LaBump.com was created by 3 sisters with the help of our mother, better known as “Amma” to all of our little ones. We believe that every woman should have access to fabulous maternity clothing and beautiful, gently used children’s clothing and gear. We spent years sending the same old box o’ maternity clothes back and forth to each other in an effort to share cute maternity wear among sisters. Finally, we concluded that there must be more women out there like us, looking for maternity clothing and gently used toys and items for their little ones. We started this site as a way to expand our own network and hopefully help other mommies do the same. As every smart mommy knows, one of the ultimate forms of recycling is recirculating gently used items for children and mothers. We have put a new spin on typical hand me down clothing by creating a network of women in your city who can buy sell and trade maternity clothing and accessories and gently used clothing, toys, and gear for our little ones.